Breaking the bandwagon limitation to success
A lot of us can remember the day we decided to give our lives to Christ to be called a Christian. We can remember the day we decided to pick the form to be admitted into a university. There are times we’ve taken courses, attended seminars, went for for skill acquisition programmes and we can really recall how we made those decisions. Doing them always make it look like we’re ready to be successful, but that’s not entirely true. They just feel good because they seem to help us match up with the next person out there. Outside all of these decisions, there is still a principal decision that determines who succeeds in life and who fails. This decision is the mindset for breaking the bandwagon limitation to success.
Question is, have you ever consciously made a decision to be successful in life? Can you remember any day you sat down and made a very serious and strong resolution to be successful? I guess a lot of persons can’t. This is exactly why we have people who have knowledge, skills, experiences, yet they are real broke failures in life. They’ve made every other decision in life, but forgot the decision to be successful.
How do you make a decision to be successful?
- Making a decision to be successful simply means, accepting the responsibility to own and earn every outcome of your life. It means, bringing the ball to your own court.
- Making a decision to be successful means, destroying every entitlement and dependency mentality that have kept you where you are.
- Making a decision to be successful means, choosing what exactly you want to be successful in. Why? No one is a general success; everyone who is successful, committed his/her life to something.
- Making a decision to be successful means, choosing what directions to invest the remaining of your life – time, energy and resources.
- It means, choosing wisely, the people you follow and allow to have influence over your life.
- Making a decision to be successful means, choosing intentionally, what people should know you for.
- Making a decision to be successful means, choosing carefully what gets your attention. Why? Whatever gets your attention gets your life because in your attention lies the value of your life.
These are the 7 habits for breaking the bandwagon limitation to success. How many of these habits do you have?
Anyone can go for a skill, attend university, learn one trade or the other, but only those who decide to succeed will succeed. It’s never about what skill you learnt, how expensive your university is or what experience you have, but about the mindset with which you operate. What you do is not what counts. How you do it is what matters. We can have a successful plumber and a mediocre lawyer. Make your own decision today!
I remain your clarity coach and your clarity remains my priority.